Saturday 30 October 2010

Remords.

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."- Matthew 22:36-40

"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8

Simple commands for simple minds. Just do this, this simple thing, and everything else will fall into place. But what about- Just love God. What if- And love other people.

Shown what is good, told what the most important things are, given specific, simple instructions that require no heavy lifting but just a willing heart. Why? Because it's all that matters. All we need. And deviation from these simple things leads to hurt and complications and misery. Simples- it couldn't be easier for us- grace has done it all, all we have to do is live in the way that our response should dictate.

But I don't. Even when I know what is right and good, I go my own way. I don't act justly. I don't love mercy. I don't.

And these are the reasons I think that we're ill.


"If only You’d wash me, ’cause I can’t see the stains. My G-d, I’m so scared, ’cause I’m fractured but I don’t feel the breaks. Have I loved too many daughters to ever be whole? I’m ashamed that You love me. Send grace for the hearts that I stole.
"- Lashes, My Epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment