Monday 28 June 2010

Fill.

A few things to admit-

1) I've been more stressed this past week than I have in a long time
2) I've been quite a grumpy git at times, and this makes me sad
3) There is a strong correlation between these things and a lack of time hanging with God
4) I really miss Him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm never far from His side these days- but tiny silly little fickle things like not having personal space or being so busy rushing around (hello Mary and Martha) or just wanting to relax...somehow persuade me away from just basking in the goodness of Jesus as much as my soul cries to do. No more please, fix my eyes on You.

I have quite a bit to say, but I have not felt this rough in a while and so really need sleep. All I will say is that after a couple of days without reading the Bible properly, dipping into Hebrews was more refreshing than cool water in the sweltering heat. How graceful, that when we turn to Him, He's been waiting, watching us the whole time, just wanting that moment when we're face to face once more. Beautiful.

"I am far away,
But You're closer than You've ever been."

No comments:

Post a Comment